WM 6 Standard SDK vs. WM 6 Professional SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am new at develpoing for WM.
    I do not know the differences between WM 6 Standard SDK and WM 6 Professional SDK targets.
    I have realized that WM 6 Standard SDK has not the "X" to close the window and some form controls are missing.
    Can anybody tell me if:
    - WM 6 Standard SDK is for the OS Windows Mobile Standard ?
    - WM 6 Professional SDK is for OS Windows Mobile Classic and Windows Mobile Professional ?
    Is that true?
    If not, what's the difference between both SDK?
    Why in both SDK I get a picture of a mobile around the form? The form is so small inside the picture....
    Thanks
    Monday, December 15, 2008 10:23 PM

Answers

• No, skins are optional.

As to size, it's the same size as on device – in pixels. Most devices have higher DPI compared to computer monitors so physical size you see is probably bigger than actual device screen.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by xuaxe Monday, December 15, 2008 11:36 PM
    Monday, December 15, 2008 11:30 PM

All replies

• That is correct, WM 6 Standard SDK is to target WM 6 Standard devices while WM 6 Professional SDK targets WM 6 Professional and Classic devices.

You get this picture because you have skins enabled. That can be changed if you don’t want skin shown (in which case you might be unable to use some input options like buttons on the skin).

Form is so small because device screens are small.

Monday, December 15, 2008 10:30 PM
  • Ok, thanks.  Are skins necessary to develop? or is just to make it more friendly? Is there any skins bigger? The default ones are a very small devices

Monday, December 15, 2008 10:34 PM
  • No, skins are optional.

As to size, it's the same size as on device – in pixels. Most devices have higher DPI compared to computer monitors so physical size you see is probably bigger than actual device screen.

• Marked as answer by xuaxe Monday, December 15, 2008 11:36 PM
    Monday, December 15, 2008 11:30 PM
  • thanks a lot
    Monday, December 15, 2008 11:57 PM