How does HomeSite work? RRS feed

• Question

• Does HomeSite have be set to an URL address? I set it to a UNC path and the installer complains that it can't find my files to download, even though they are sitting right there in the UNC path.

The install log says

Downloading files to "C:\DOCUME~1\jc\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD5CF.tmp\"

(5/14/2009 4:00:05 PM) Downloading 'QETools\qesetup.exe' from '\\aa-uss-1\QETools' to 'C:\DOCUME~1\jc\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD5CF.tmp\'

Download completed at 5/14/2009 4:00:05 PM

Downloading failed with HRESULT=-2146697195

With this PackageFile specification:
    <PackageFiles>

<PackageFile Name="qesetup.exe" HomeSite="\\aa-uss-1\QETools" />

</PackageFiles>

john
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:14 PM

Answers

• Hello John,

You should specify the full path of qesetup.exe file. Like \\aa-uss-1\QETools\qesetup.exe. Please let me know if it works.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by John371393 Friday, May 15, 2009 7:35 PM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hello John,

You should specify the full path of qesetup.exe file. Like \\aa-uss-1\QETools\qesetup.exe. Please let me know if it works.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by John371393 Friday, May 15, 2009 7:35 PM
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:16 AM
  • Yes, that is the answer!

I don't think that the MSDN library entry for <PackageFiles> is worded very well for someone who is just beginning to understand these concepts. I added an entry to the Community Content that I hope makes it easier.
    john
    Friday, May 15, 2009 8:16 PM