none
Virtual SQL database? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any possibility to create virtual SQL database? That would be just in RAM and vanish as soon as you're closing application?

I tried to Google it but all I get is virtual machines and Azure and I just want  to start basic virtual database which will be able to receive and virtually execute SQL commands.

I know I could install SQL database, and then use 3rd party plugins to put it into programs, but these leave even more holes in program and user may find easier access to that database. And there's lots problems with this.

Sunday, February 22, 2015 5:19 AM

Answers

• if you really need very short term data, use in-memory data structures like .NET Collections, etc & not a database. you can of course use LINQ queries to query such collections.

hope this helps!

Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:36 AM
  • I would use either XML or a DataTable object.  With both you can use LINQ to query the objects.  the DataTable is a little bit easier to use than XML.

jdweng

Sunday, February 22, 2015 12:47 PM

All replies

• if you really need very short term data, use in-memory data structures like .NET Collections, etc & not a database. you can of course use LINQ queries to query such collections.

hope this helps!

Sunday, February 22, 2015 11:36 AM
  • I would use either XML or a DataTable object.  With both you can use LINQ to query the objects.  the DataTable is a little bit easier to use than XML.

jdweng

Sunday, February 22, 2015 12:47 PM