none
New Portal - Data Sync Management RRS feed

• Question

• now that the old datasync portal is going away I wanted to rasie a comment about the new portal to manage Data sync...In the existing portal it is easy to look across each sync group and see what tabels are currently included in that group under the dropdown box (bottom right of sync configurtion screen) when you have lots of sync groups runnign for sets of DB servers this is a great way to find the correct group quickly.

in the new portal to do the same job i have to go into each sync gruop and open every table in the sync rules screen to find out if a table is included in that sync group.

could this screen be changed so that the tabels in the sync group are highlighted somehow - either by posistion (top of screen with remaing tabels not in sync group below) or by colour or icon. Without a change the new management protal for data sync maaghement is, in my opinion, a backward step (although getting it off of silverlight is a good change!!)

thanks

Niall

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:47 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback Niall. I just want to better understand the painpoint here. So the main concern is to identify the right one among a lot of sync groups? Is there any other scenario requires a quick preview for the tables? For identify, how about distinguish different sync groups with different name? Your feedback is improtant for us to imprve. Thanks.

Chao

panchao

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:15 AM
  • Hi Pancho

The scenario really is that when faced with a whole list of sync groups it is hard at a glance in the new portal to see the tables inside each group - it is several clicks away and you have to open each table to see if ti is included. in the old portal you could see what was included on the screen straight away

thanks

Niall

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:29 AM