none
VSTO RibbonMenu Scrolling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I have a VSTO project - Excel Addin in VS2013, .NET FW 4.5 using C#.NET.

I have a control "Microsoft.Office.Tools.Ribbon.RibbonMenu" that can have many menu-items (like 200). My users complain that there is no easy way to scroll this list of menu. By default it displays down arrow at the bottom and the user has to hover and hold there in order to scroll the list which is very painful.

I'm looking for a nice way to handle this, like add a vertical scroll bar or at least scrolling using mouse wheel.

Can you please help me? Thanks.

Thanks & Regards, <br/> <b>Please do "Mark As Answer" if this helps you.</b>

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The Ribbon UI doesn't provide any scroll bars. Instead, you may consider assigning the KeyTip for menu controls, so end users may easily access and run the required command without moving through each of them.

KeyTips are the keyboard shortcuts that appear on the Ribbon when you press the ALT key. You can assign your own KeyTips by using the keytip and getKeytip attributes. If your KeyTips conflict with built-in controls or KeyTips from other add-ins, they might be assigned non-conflicting values automatically. KeyTips for groups, as a rule, should start with the letter "Z".

You can read more about the keyTip attribute in the following series of articles:

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 1 of 3)

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 2 of 3)

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 3 of 3)

• Marked as answer by GreenBinary Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:48 PM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:25 PM
  • Thanks for your valuable and quick response.

But I'm really looking something that allows the users to scroll the menu list.

Is there any other control that I can use instead to achieve this?

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:30 PM
  • Nope, there is no other way.
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:47 PM
  • Alright, thanks for your suggestions though.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:48 PM