none
I need help on sharepoint 2013 surveys

Question

• Hi All

I know how to create surveys using sharepoint now my problem is that there will be many different surveys that needs to be created by different users and that link needs to be attached on the email workflow of the notification, so my worry is that users cannot always go and add an app then survey and then after link the url to the email workflow, i dont want them to touch the workflow at all.

Want i need is for them to be able to create their own surveys for different notifications somehow link the notification with the related survey then the email will be sent. I am not sure if this is possible but please if it is possible how can i do this? which links can i checkout.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Dinny,

I have some questions for better understanding your requirement:

1. Do you want to send email to users when a survey list is created or you want to send email to users when users respond to the survey?
    2. What does the URL point to?

If you want to send email to users when a survey list is created to let them know about this survey, then you can create a ListAdded event receiver to achieve this goal.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.splisteventreceiver.listadded.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,
    Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:45 PM
  • Hi Victoria

Thanks for the response.

No I don't want the email to be sent on creation of the survey, so i need a user to create a survey then link that particular survey to the announcement list that he/she wants to email out.

what i did is i created a list called announcement linked to a workflow to send email which is triggered manually by a button. now i want to be able to create a survey and an announcement with the link to that particular survey.

I hope i explained well.

Thanks 

• Edited by Dinny012 Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:09 PM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:07 PM
  • Hi Dinny,

Did you mean you want to be able to link a survey to the corresponding item in announcement list?

If that is the case, then you can use a column in announcement list to store the link to the survey. And use ListAdded event receiver to update the column value when a survey is added.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 31, 2017 3:20 AM