none
Why can not users connect to the database? RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi Dear

I Created a database in SQL Server Management Studio(2008 R2) And The server name .

Is When I installed the software on the user's system software can not connect to database

But I can not underestand that What is needed for installation on user systems. thanks

Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful and He created the human
    • Edited by sh 2019 Friday, September 23, 2011 1:32 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 1:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you give further more detail and what code you are using to connect to the database?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

A.Murugan

If it solved your problem,Please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful". Happy Programming!
    Friday, September 23, 2011 1:38 PM
  • Hi,

Could you give further more detail and what code you are using to connect to the database?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

A.Murugan

If it solved your problem,Please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful". Happy Programming!

my connection string is

connectionString="Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=CnStrTest;Integrated Security=True"

but my application in vb.net 2010 is no error

• Edited by sh 2019 Friday, September 23, 2011 2:17 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:03 PM
  • you have probably installed the sql with another server name but you're trying to connect to it with default server name, try to use the name that appears in the log in window when you open the sql management studio instead of .or localhost...

Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:38 AM
  • you have probably installed the sql with another server name but you're trying to connect to it with default server name, try to use the name that appears in the log in window when you open the sql management studio instead of .or localhost...

thanks

i dont understand what engine version of sql server 2008 i must install in users system??

i want with  that version connect to the database in the users pc 

• Edited by sh 2019 Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:21 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:51 AM
  • if you install sql with default instance name then you can connect to it with . or localhost server name, but if you install it with another instance name then you must use that name, like what i did and my server name is pooyan-pc, so i con not connect to database server using . or localhost server name because my database server name is pooyan-pc, so when you install sql server on users machine install it with default server name or let the users to change the server name on your application ...

• Edited by Pooyan Fekrati Monday, September 26, 2011 6:13 AM dictation
    Monday, September 26, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Hi Sh2007,

Sounds like you are talking about http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/f253cd7e-efe1-4c59-b9ea-a7f4fbf08de0/#1a9c0f90-59bc-492c-acbe-b0ec29bf640a

Best Regards,

Kee Poppy [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, September 26, 2011 10:09 AM