Local storage in Metro Style RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Metro app and experimenting.

I am working on a sample in which a login screen will come, you put user id and password  and data related to that particular user is displayed.

login screen I got using credential picker

what API do I need to use  to store this data of each user locally and get it when user login? Do I need local storage or container for it

can it be done or do I need database for it ?

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Metro style applications have their own local storage folder. You can access the applications StorageFolder this way:

Windows.Storage.StorageFolder localFolder = Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder;

In theory you could store data in LocalSettings, but it's better to store it to the disk directly (more failsafe and scaleable).

cheers

Life is unsure - always eat the dessert first!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:15 PM
  • I can store folder and files with that. I was asking whether there is some API which will is like Database in which I save value once and can be used for authorization purpose when login screen comes  just like lists or something.
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:47 AM
  • You can try Siaqodb, it is possible to store Lists, Dictionaries and complex objects and query them via LINQ:http://siaqodb.com/?p=818
    Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:41 AM