Hi ,Please suggest documents,suggestions .. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

We bought dell t710 server with windows 2008 server and with sql server 2008..

We developed on web applications in asp, c#.net.

Now the problem is we need to use our server to host that application.We registered domain and have ADSL Internet line .

We dont want to go for a web hosting providers and other's server to host our applications .

It is an internet application and users need to direct when they say www.mydomain.com to my application which is hosted on my server machine..

I am not a networking guy .I am  a purly sql programmer..We dont have any networking guy working here ..i need to deal with this issue ..Please suggest some documents or references or alternatives so that i can work it out..

Thanks in advance ...

Friday, September 9, 2011 8:35 AM

All replies

• If you are implementing a Microsoft solution, you will likely use IIS (Internet Information Server).  You can add / remove this on server skus via add / remove windows components.  There should be built in help files to get you started, otherwise there are tons of books on IIS.  a quick nitty gritty no nonsense book would be IIS Administrator's pocket consultant.

Hope this helps,

Dusty Harper [MSFT]
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:36 AM