Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am using VS 2008 Express Edition with SQL Server server 2008 R2 in my computer (Windows XP).

I create a project in visual web developer 2008 choosing C#. I try to do use C# with my project but i get this error:  "the file cannot be opening because its project type() is not supported by the version of the application. To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project." I have from from internet but didn't resolve it. In visual Web developer, the problem come with the connection string. Someone can help me ?

Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:08 PM

Answers

• Hello ablo2,

Hello

I am using VS 2008 Express Edition with SQL Server server 2008 R2 in my computer (Windows XP).

I create a project in visual web developer 2008 choosing C#. I try to do use C# with my project but i get this error: "the file cannot be opening because its project type() is not supported by the version of the application. To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project." I have from from internet but didn't resolve it. In visual Web developer, the problem come with the connection string. Someone can help me ?

If you're using VisualStudio 2008, you need SqlServer 2005 Express, if you intend to use SqlServer 2008, you must go to the 2010 version of VisualStudio can be downloaded at this link. http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/express

Regards. 

Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:05 AM

All replies

• It could be worth trying downloading VS2010 C# express and see if that fixes the problem.

Friday, January 27, 2012 2:36 AM
  • Hello ablo2,

Hello

I create a project in visual web developer 2008 choosing C#. I try to do use C# with my project but i get this error: "the file cannot be opening because its project type() is not supported by the version of the application. To open it, please use a version that supports this type of project." I have from from internet but didn't resolve it. In visual Web developer, the problem come with the connection string. Someone can help me ?

If you're using VisualStudio 2008, you need SqlServer 2005 Express, if you intend to use SqlServer 2008, you must go to the 2010 version of VisualStudio can be downloaded at this link. http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/express

Regards. 

Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:05 AM