none
Could not find installable ISAM" (0x80004005) error message when i try to set session-level Jet properties RRS feed

• Question

• i use the following connection string:

conn.ConnectionString = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" +

@"Data source= + DBPath ;" + @"DBPROP_JETOLEDB_EXCLUSIVEASYNCDELAY=0";

and i get the following exception:Could not find installable ISAM

i have allready read information about this problem on : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318161.

but i didnt get solution in case of using ADO.NET.

i like to know how to set DBPROP_JETOLEDB_EXCLUSIVEASYNCDELAY when connection already open.

Please give your advice.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:31 AM

Answers

• This custom property is not supported with ADO.NET because ADO.NET introduces disconnected model where application usually disconnected from the database. I believe that article specifies about it.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:30 AM

All replies

• This custom property is not supported with ADO.NET because ADO.NET introduces disconnected model where application usually disconnected from the database. I believe that article specifies about it.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:30 AM
  • thank you.

If so i like to know how do i assign 0 to Flush Transaction Timeout property?

Please advice.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:30 AM
  • I do not believe you could do this, just because technically it is not supported. It was possible with ADO, but not with ADO.NET. Article specifies list of those provider specific properties that are not supported with ADO.NET

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:39 AM
  • thanks for your help.
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:51 PM