none
MS Help Viewer 2.x problem with big MSHC files import (generated by Sandcastle)

Question

• Hello,

I use Sandcastle to generate a MSHC file. When I try to import it on MS Help Viewer 2.x it works but I have some Script Exception (as if a JS script file miss).

The problem only appear when my MSHC file is big (more the 200MB) but all is working well if the file size is minus.

NB: I try to divide a MSHC file on 2 and both part was working well after importation (so the problem is not link to the MSHC content).

According to my research, all the file are not well indexed during the import of the big size MSHC files on MSHV 2.x.

Has anybody already had the same problem?

If yes, how did you correct it?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Josselin,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

From your description, you would like to import the file to Help Viewer even if  the MSGC file is big, right?

But as we know, and you also have tested yourself, the limit size is 200M, and it is designed by default.

For this issue, I will help you submit a feedback, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.

I will help create a uservoice in the following link, you may vote it if necessary:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/suggestions/16414570-i-use-sandcastle-to-generate-a-mshc-file-when-i-t

Let's wait patiently to see if other members face similar questions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:57 AM
  • Yes the file is big (more than 200MB).

Thank you for the answer

Best regards

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:40 AM
  • Hi Josselin,

You are welcome, since I have already submit this feature voice for you, please wait patiently, Microsoft Engineers will value it correctly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:48 AM