none
Access HL7 MSH segment fields in BizTalk mappings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a required to send MessageControlId from MSH segment of received HL7 message on to a RESTFull api. Its ORMO01 hl7 message, HL7 accelerator's schema doesn't contain MSH, schemas only contain body part.

I'm ably map body segment fields to custom defined schema and send it to API post action.

How how do I retrieve MSH's MessageControlId and map it to my custom schema and send.

Note: i have not created any Orchestration for this, i just have schemas, mappings and pipeline in VS project. all other configurations are on BizTalk administration console. So looking for some way to do it mapping file

appreciate early responses

thanks

noor syed

Friday, December 2, 2016 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi

I have the same issue. Have you got any solution?

tks

Thursday, November 9, 2017 5:01 PM
  • First, for HL7 message, you have to use an Orchestration because the main message, the MSH and any Z segments are all represented as separate Parts.

To add the MSH Schema to you Solution, you add the BTAHL7V2XCommon Project.

In the Orchestration, you just assign the MSHSegment to a Typed Message, then use that with the main message in a dual input map.

There is nothing wrong with using Orchestrations.  Don't worry about 'performance' or anything like that.

Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:11 PM