none
net framework RRS feed

• Question

• When I was down loading maps from garmin it was trying to install net framewotk 3.5 and I keep geting a errow meg. Setup encountered an errow installation errow and will rollback. detailed errow message failed during installation.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi hbufford,

Thank you for posting.

Your provided information is very general. More detail information can help us to locate your issue easier and exactly.

Based on my understanding, did your issue occur during installing .NET Framework 3.5?

If yes, please check the following suggestions and collect your installation log files.

-          Check whether or not your account has enough permissions to access installer.

-          Disable anti-virus, security software or firewall before you will install it.

-          Right click installer and run as ADMINISTRATOR.

If it doesn’t work still, please check the following information.

The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 4.0 Standalone installer
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
      Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

- Share the link in your reply.

Regards,

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:56 AM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:44 AM