Loading the .netFramework is taking 6+ minutes causing other application to timeout. RRS feed

• Question

• My application is using managed library and it is taking time more than 8+ minutes for the first time to load .Net frame work after every restart. I enabled the Show loader snaps in the Global flags and found that loading the mscorwks.dll is taking time. The .netFrameWork installed is 3.5 with SP1. Is this a known issue and any hotfix available?

0bb4:1650 @ 1118983923 - LdrGetProcedureAddressEx - INFO: Locating procedure "??_DEvRstTask@@QEAAXXZ" by name

:

0bb4:1650 @ 1119466793 - LdrpLoadDll - INFO: Loading DLL "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll" from path "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system;C:\Windows;.;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn

• Edited by Rocking Jai Friday, September 27, 2013 3:01 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hi JayaRamaRaju,

I have searched this issue but cannot find any similar known issues.

Have you tried another computer to run your application and see the result? If not, please try it and narrow down this issue. If this issue belongs to your computer only, I think you should reinstall your framework.

If the issue persists after reinstalling framework, please have a look at this tool “Process Monitor”. Its uniquely powerful features will mark Process Monitor a core utility in your system troubleshooting and malware hunting toolkit.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Fortunately, I pick up an article about troubleshoot a similar question, hope useful to you. http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2009/05/26/3244913.aspx

As I know, this kind of issue may be caused by some third-party-virus or scan software. If possible, please turn off or remove it and then retry again.

Best Regards,

Hetro

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 30, 2013 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi JayaRamaRaju,

I have searched this issue but cannot find any similar known issues.

Have you tried another computer to run your application and see the result? If not, please try it and narrow down this issue. If this issue belongs to your computer only, I think you should reinstall your framework.

If the issue persists after reinstalling framework, please have a look at this tool “Process Monitor”. Its uniquely powerful features will mark Process Monitor a core utility in your system troubleshooting and malware hunting toolkit.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Fortunately, I pick up an article about troubleshoot a similar question, hope useful to you. http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2009/05/26/3244913.aspx

As I know, this kind of issue may be caused by some third-party-virus or scan software. If possible, please turn off or remove it and then retry again.

Best Regards,

Hetro

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 30, 2013 4:55 AM
  • Thank you. I will try out them.
    Monday, September 30, 2013 2:52 PM