none
Script for Sending Welcome Email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking for the script by which i can send welcome email to the new created mailboxes. Pls help me with the information.

Enviornment: Exchange 2007 SP2 installed on Windows 2008.

Best Regards, Ranjit Singh
    Monday, June 20, 2011 4:34 AM

All replies

• I'm not aware of such a script.  But you can craft one rather easily.  It's something you could put into a larger user provisioning script.  The easiest way is to drop a file in RFC822 format with extension eml into the Pickup directory on a hub transport server.  A sample message follows.  The blank line after the subject line and the dot on a line by itself as the last line are required.  You can even make a batch file to create the message without any third-party tools.

To:harry.potter@hogwarts.int
    Subject:Wand Recall

Please return your wand to Ollivander's,
    Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, Diagon Alley,
    for replacement due to a manufacturer recall.

Thank you,

Mr. Ollivander, Proprietor

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Monday, June 20, 2011 4:59 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply

Can you pls elaborate little more and provide step by step instructions on creating sample script / batch file and how to execute same and how it works (like what all users get Welcome emails?.  

Monday, June 20, 2011 5:31 AM
  • Sorry, I can't because I don't know what you want.  It would be a development effort to do that for you my time isn't that available.  If you want something developed, contact an Exchange developer.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:08 AM
  • I have already posted the matter in the exchange developer forum, now where should i take it from here? if it is not related to you, you would have forwarded to the concerned forum...and if you cant elaborate or help, then what is the purpose of keeping this forum for partners...
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:24 AM
  • This forum is not a place to request people to do work for free for you; it's a place for developers to get help with some problem.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:12 AM