none
Installing MSSQL Server 2014 and .Net 3.5 in a container - blog post how to do it RRS feed

• General discussion

• Not a question but just published an "how to do it" in order to install .net 3.5 and MSSQL server 2014 on windows container (windows 2016 TP3)

http://alfweb.com/bg/tpm-the-practical-side-installing-mssql-server-and-net-3-5-in-a-container-on-windows-server-2016-tp3-hyper-v/

enjoy

• Changed type alefesta Friday, January 29, 2016 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:55 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the post! Going through the steps, I'm getting hung up on the part where I run Dism. After running...

'Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs'

It starts to enable the feature, gets to 100%, then I get an error saying the source files could not be found. Any idea what's going on?

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:56 PM
  • yup I have to update the post. Apparently the net3 need to be installed on the container host too. Seems that when you run dism or Install-WindowsFeature from within the container it looks at the container host some how.

Another point I saw is that sometimes after creating the registry keys they become corrupted but a workaround is to change the owner to administrator before creating them.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:59 PM