[Bluetooth API] How to read Bluetooth RSSI value in Windows Store apps? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am searching for Windows Store apps API that allows me to read Bluetooth RSSI value. However, I couldn't find any resource that is useful for me.

Does the Windows Store apps API support reading Bluetooth RSSI value?

Looking forward for your help.

Best Regards

Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Lion Pham,

Why do you need such kind of information, Windows Store App does not have such feature.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, January 20, 2014 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Lion Pham,

Why do you need such kind of information, Windows Store App does not have such feature.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, January 20, 2014 5:43 AM
  • Hello James,

I am working on a project that allows people to localize their position using Bluetooth. To do it, I need to read RSSI value when pairing between 2 devices.

Best Regards

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:51 AM
  • Hi Lion,

It seems you the RSSI value is quite necessary by your project, but unfortunately you cannot get such information on Windows Store App, it's limited.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:00 AM