Microsoft Access RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Microsoft for more years than I can remember and this is the first time that I have come up against a problem. I got updated the other day , I thought automatic updating was in place, and now I keep getting errors on queries that have worked for a long time. What is happening. I have Office 2013 Developers edition.
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 4:57 PM

All replies

• have you worked through your problem?  updates do occur automatically.  However, back in 2019, Microsoft actually updated their network operating system which caused a huge problem for Access databases which then started to receive inconsistent state errors on their datafiles.  This particularly hard to track down and identify because the users received an error in the front end database and oftentimes didn't even know to check their backends.  Furthermore, the backend simple gave an error message to the effect:  your database is in an inconsistent state.  will attempt to repair.  The users often didn't back up the data file first.  and in rare instances, when recovering from the inconsistent state, the database was rendered useless.
    Friday, December 11, 2020 9:14 AM
  • It would help us to advise you if you stated the types of errors that you are now seeing when you run queries. Also, is it any query or just a particular query type e.g. update
    Friday, December 11, 2020 1:56 PM