none
[PHP][Web Apps] Unable to deploy WordPress on Azure. RRS feed

• Question

• This issue is driving me nuts, I've tried several times, with several different settings to no avail. Every time I try to deploy WordPress using the gallery through the Azure Portal I get the following:

DESCRIPTION
    Deployment to resource group 'myapp' failed.
    STATUS
    Error
    TIME
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015, 1:43:44 PM
    CORRELATION IDS
    clientNotification-2cfcd379119947ae8a08799ff3fd2f3a0-21;5b7065fd-0164-4a44-92ff-5cb8602ad602
    RESOURCE
    /subscriptions/c8bf9053-1e7d-483a-8e17-ec6faadf7488/resourcegroups/myapp/deployments/WordPress.WordPressab409707-b48e (deployment)
    EVENT
    LEVEL
    STATUS
    TIME
    Deployment failed
    Error
    Error
    Just now

It seems to do everything except actually deploy the WordPress app. I am able to browse to the DNS name and I get:

This web app has been successfully created

There's nothing here yet, but Microsoft Azure makes it simple to publish content with GIT, FTP or your favorite development tool such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Online or WebMatrix

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | MVP (Skype for Business)
    Blog skype4bexpert.com | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync/Skype for Business Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 6:46 PM

Answers

• Hey Georg,

Do you have a credit card added to your subscription?  Wordpress in the marketplace uses a MySQL Database which requires a credit card to be associated with the subscription. To add credit card to your subscription, click here. Additionally, MySQL Database is not available in certain regions and cannot be created by users who have an Enterprise Agreement or by co-admins. For more information, click here.

Reference:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/partners/wordpress/scalablewordpress/

• Marked as answer by Georg Thomas Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:36 PM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hey Georg,

Do you have a credit card added to your subscription?  Wordpress in the marketplace uses a MySQL Database which requires a credit card to be associated with the subscription. To add credit card to your subscription, click here. Additionally, MySQL Database is not available in certain regions and cannot be created by users who have an Enterprise Agreement or by co-admins. For more information, click here.

Reference:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/partners/wordpress/scalablewordpress/

• Marked as answer by Georg Thomas Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:36 PM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:07 PM
  • Thanks! That was it - I added a credit card and it went through fine.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | MVP (Skype for Business)
    Blog skype4bexpert.com | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync/Skype for Business Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:36 PM