Unsnap to fullScreen instead of partially visible

Question

• I've searched through the forums, but couldn't really find an answer to this:

We're developing a Windows 8.1 app with payments through an external paymentprovider which, after the user is done, returns to our app.

We've got this flow working, i.e.: the user starts a transaction, which launches Internet Explorer and our app gets 'snapped' to the side. After the transaction (or cancellation) we use a protocol to return to the app. this also works.

When we return, we use:

Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ApplicationView.tryUnsnap();

However, this does not fully unsnap our app, since Internet Explorer is still visible in a smaller snap-mode.

Question: Is there any way we can unsnapToFullScreen() ?

Kind regards,

Anthony Donker

Friday, November 14, 2014 9:18 AM

All replies

• No, apps don't have this sort of control over the layout. That is up to the user. Windows 8.1 doesn't support an explicit snapped view.

You might try navigating to the its within a WebView in your app rather than launching an external browser. There is no guarantee that your protocol launch will get back to your app. In theory somebody else could register it, and I believe that some browsers will only launch known protocols.

Friday, November 14, 2014 2:26 PM
  • Thanks for your answer (and confirming what I thought).

Unfortunately we can't use a WebView because the user makes a connection with his bank; the user MUST see that they are using a secure connection, which the lock in the browser will confirm.

As for the protocol: thanks for the heads-up, we'll keep that in mind.

Monday, November 17, 2014 1:09 PM