none
Hardware requirements for Fusion RRS feed

• Question

• When I run the KinectFusionBasics-WPF demo project I get an exception in the Reconstruction.FusionCreateReconstruction(volParam, ProcessorType, .....) call.

If I set processorType to ReconstructionProcessor.Cpu I don't get an exception but performance is abysmal.  So I assume either my system or video card does not match the hardware requirements.  I am using
    Dell Latitude E6410 laptop
    i5 M560 @ 2.67 GHz
    4 meg ram
    NVidia NVS 3100M 
    Direct X 11

From what I can find this should match the Kinect hardware requirements, can anybody tell me where my system is falling short?  Anybody else seeing the same problem?
    Thanks

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:27 PM

Answers

• According to NVidia's own documentation, the NVS 3100M does not support DirectX 11, meaning it can't be used for Kinect Fusion acceleration.

John | Kinect for Windows development team

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:20 PM

All replies

• you can read the hardware requirements here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn188670.aspx

your processor has only 2.67 GHz and is recommended a processor with 3GHz(or better)

I'm not sure if your GPU is compatible with directx 11, but here are the tech specs from your GPU : http://www.nvidia.de/object/nvs_techspecs.html

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Thanks for the response.
    I neglected to mention in my first post that dxdiag.exe confirms that I am running DirectX 11.
    While I would expect the slower CPU would affect performance I would be really surprised if it would cause an exception.

I suspect it is a video card deficiency because when calling FusionCreateReconstruction with ReconstructionProcessor.Amp it is directing to offload processing to the GPU.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:39 PM
  • According to NVidia's own documentation, the NVS 3100M does not support DirectX 11, meaning it can't be used for Kinect Fusion acceleration.

John | Kinect for Windows development team

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:20 PM
  • Ahhh, I see. I was looking at the system tab in dxdiag.exe and assuming that it showed the current level supported by the hardware.  After looking further (on the display tab) I see that the card doesn't support 11.

My mistake.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:52 PM