none
Yammer for SharePoint List items. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to display yammer comments on each individual SharePoint list item in my SharePoint Online site on the item display page.

Is there any way to achieve this.

Thank you 

Priyanka

Friday, August 26, 2016 9:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you want to comment on the list item using Yammer? We can do this using the Yammer Embed Code Commenting.

Once we put the embedded code on DispForm page, it renders the Yammer UI which displays conversation and provides the controls to comments and for other social things. In SharePoint the list has single display form page but it has different URL for different list items. And we can use these URLs and start commenting on the particular list item.

How to configure it:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18841.sharepoint-2013-integrate-yammer-with-sharepoint-for-social-feature-s.aspx

After following these steps you can start commenting on each list item or document in yammer separately as shown in below screenshot.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Priyanka100 Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:18 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want to comment on the list item using Yammer? We can do this using the Yammer Embed Code Commenting.

Once we put the embedded code on DispForm page, it renders the Yammer UI which displays conversation and provides the controls to comments and for other social things. In SharePoint the list has single display form page but it has different URL for different list items. And we can use these URLs and start commenting on the particular list item.

How to configure it:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18841.sharepoint-2013-integrate-yammer-with-sharepoint-for-social-feature-s.aspx

After following these steps you can start commenting on each list item or document in yammer separately as shown in below screenshot.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Priyanka100 Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:18 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 6:42 AM
  • Hi Dean Wang,

Thank you for your reply. I need to do the same as posted in the article. But unfortunately I am not able to achieve this. Any other help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Priyanka.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:01 AM