Textcolor not same in preview as in EW3. RRS feed

• Question

• Quick description: My menu had a black colored text. I changed the textcolor to white. When I preview it in a browser (firefox 3.6) it is still black!

I've rebooted firefox and EW3.

It's hard for you to solve this problem but I just wonder if there is any common mistakes people do or just ANYTHING that i've missed. 

I use a DWT that I've downloaded from some page... If you need any codes just tell me.. :)

Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:08 PM

Answers

• Use the CSS Properties pane to determine what styles are in effect for any element you select.

Also, as per the BEFORE POSTING post, for display issues, you must always publish the page somewhere and post a link here.  Otherwise we end up with random guesses, and most of us won't do that much or at all.  (Ends up wasting too much time.)

• Marked as answer by slemmigt Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:32 PM
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:44 PM

All replies

• Your color change is probably being overridden by a more specific or closer proximity (in the hierarchy) style. Probably, but there is no way to be sure until you publish a link to the page. We're neither mind-readers nor clairvoyants, so all we can do without the markup and CSS is make guesses. Post a link.

cheers,
    scott

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:21 PM
  • Yeah I guess there is some more specific style somewhere but I just can't find any. Thanks anyway.
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:38 PM
  • Use the CSS Properties pane to determine what styles are in effect for any element you select.

Also, as per the BEFORE POSTING post, for display issues, you must always publish the page somewhere and post a link here.  Otherwise we end up with random guesses, and most of us won't do that much or at all.  (Ends up wasting too much time.)

• Marked as answer by slemmigt Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:32 PM
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 3:44 PM
  • checked that before.. Dubblechecked and found that I had missed som details. Really clumsy. -.-
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:33 PM