New to mobile App - Application not working on mobile device RRS feed

• Question

• User-1343058805 posted

Hi All, 

We have .net MVC4 application running fine with all major browsers (IE and Chrome) but same site is functioning appropriately in ipad/ipod and other mobile devices. Application is not designed to work in all mobile devices.

To begin with, where should I start troubleshooting the issue to identify all missing pieces to make site work in mobile devices.

Current application heavily using json/javascript/c#.

Thanks

Sham

-Sham

Friday, June 23, 2017 6:57 PM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

Thanks for your response. My web app is working 90% on samsung galaxy mobile device but not on iOS devices. Is there a online debugging tool available to see what/where is failing in iOS devices?

In my experience, it is best to have the specific device you are trying to test.  Emulators may not exhibit the same behavior as the actual device in all testing scenarios.   Also it is helpful if you can describe the problem(s) you are trying to fix.  Frankly, your post is very vague.  You keep stating there are failures but you don't explain what the failure is.  

The first step in any troubleshooting scenario is to reproduce the problem consistently. This provides a baseline where you can start debugging. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 26, 2017 1:12 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

To begin with, where should I start troubleshooting the issue to identify all missing pieces to make site work in mobile devices.

The first step is to reproduce the problem and define what "work in mobile devices" means in your application.

Once you understand your goals and you have defined what "work in mobile devices" means then troubleshooting is processes...

• Reproduce the issue
    • refactor the code
    • test
    • repeat until "working"

Saturday, June 24, 2017 1:30 PM
  • User-1343058805 posted

Thanks for your response. My web app is working 90% on samsung galaxy mobile device but not on iOS devices. Is there a online debugging tool available to see what/where is failing in iOS devices?

Monday, June 26, 2017 12:43 PM
  • User475983607 posted

In my experience, it is best to have the specific device you are trying to test.  Emulators may not exhibit the same behavior as the actual device in all testing scenarios.   Also it is helpful if you can describe the problem(s) you are trying to fix.  Frankly, your post is very vague.  You keep stating there are failures but you don't explain what the failure is.  

The first step in any troubleshooting scenario is to reproduce the problem consistently. This provides a baseline where you can start debugging. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 26, 2017 1:12 PM