none
Unable to upgrade from Server 2008 to Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade a Windows Server 2008 EE SP2 installation to Server 2008 R2 EE.

Everything works fine until the point where setup is trying to migrate user settings and programms etc. to the new installation. At about 63% the computer reboots and setup reverts to the old OS, and afterwards saying something like this version of windows could not be installed, look for Upgrade Advisor on the microsoft website or something or other. It does not state what kind of error it encountered or what the problem is, nor does it provide an error log (...or does it and I just don't know where to look?).

The system does of course meet all the requirements and the Compatibility Report just mentions something about Windows Mail not being included and that I may have to install a new mail client after the installation.

One other thing, although I doubt that this has anything to do with the problem, but setup is not asking for an activation key!?!

And since I could not find an Upgrade Advisor for Server 2008 I am asking you guys for a solution, and hope someone here knows what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex

Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:34 PM

All replies