add about page windows metro c# RRS feed

• Question

• hello, 

how to add about page in windows metro application c# in charm bar?

thanks

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Where in the charms? The settings you mean?

see this example

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/App-settings-sample-ff41ffc8

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:07 PM
  • I can show just my name and my e-mail to this page. Add a page in bar "charms" with a specie of button with name "About" in settings.

image example, thanks

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:20 PM
  • do:

SettingsPane.GetForCurrentView().CommandsRequested += SettingsCharmManager_CommandsRequested;

and as event handler:

private void SettingsCharmManager_CommandsRequested(SettingsPane sender, SettingsPaneCommandsRequestedEventArgs args)
            {
                args.Request.ApplicationCommands.Add(new SettingsCommand("privacypolicy", Privacy policy, OpenPrivacyPolicy));
            }

public async void OpenPrivacyPolicy()
            {
                await Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new System.Uri("http://webradio2.nxtsoft.nl/policy/privacypolicy-us.html"));
            }

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:29 PM
  • Dave's code shows how to add the command. Windows 8.1 adds a SettingsFlyout control you can call in response to that command to show your about page. This is demonstrated in                 App settings sample (Windows 8.1)            

On Windows 8 you will need to build your own flyout or find a third party one. The Callisto toolkit includes one, and there may be others you can search for.

--Rob

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Not work, I create page About.xaml and in code behind (About.xaml.cs) i copy this code...

"SettingsPane does not exists"

and SettingsCommand not be found.

thanks.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:57 PM
  • You need to add the namespace to your usings. From the SettingsPane class docs it's:

using Windows.UI.ApplicationSettings;

See Visual Studio's Red Squigglies - YouTube for info on how VS helps you figure this out.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aurelien Mota Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:00 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:00 PM