none
Parsing Error in Edi Disassembler RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am debatching with multiple schema (Hippa 837) using biztalk 2009. I have noticed that when the disassembler cannot parse the Edi file for some reason it stops splitting the batch after throwing an error like .

Fatal error encountered in EDI Disassembler, error information is There was no XML start tag open.

This seems to me unusual as the disassembler suppose to continue . Is this a normal behavior or am i missing something. I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard.

Sunday, May 30, 2010 11:57 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

N3 segment is address information, if N3 segment is present then you are supposed to have atleast N301. That's why when you populate something with N301 you where  able to process. If you want to process the rest of the message and fail for the one without N301 you can set "Recoverable Interchange" in the EDI recv. pipeline. If you want to fail the entire batch leave as its now. Hope this helps.

-SHR 

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 5:48 PM
  • I have opened up a ticket with microsoft and they acknowledged it as bug. I have got the private already. They should soon be releasing the offical fix.
    • Marked as answer by Khawaja.irfan Friday, September 3, 2010 3:37 AM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 3:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From the error it looks like the input file is not in correct format.. Can you please explain your scenario and please post the input message.

Thanks

Gyan

If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Monday, May 31, 2010 5:09 AM
  • The main structure of the file is good and the disassembler actually splits first 6 messages and it fails on the next one. the problem is only the N3 segment which does not have any data element.

CLM*L24139*12.47***81::7*Y*A*Y*A*P
    REF*F8*NO RESPONSE FROM INSURANCE
    REF*X4*14D0430025
    REF*EA*38392
    HI*BK:78321*BF:7872
    NM1*DN*1*WIRFS*JILL****XX*1111111111
    NM1*FA*2*ABC MEMORIAL HOSPITA*****XX*1111111111
    N3

You can see the N3 segment does not have any element and when i fix the N3 segment manually and run the file. The claim is processed just fine.

Thanks

Monday, May 31, 2010 4:37 PM
  •  

Hi,

N3 segment is address information, if N3 segment is present then you are supposed to have atleast N301. That's why when you populate something with N301 you where  able to process. If you want to process the rest of the message and fail for the one without N301 you can set "Recoverable Interchange" in the EDI recv. pipeline. If you want to fail the entire batch leave as its now. Hope this helps.

-SHR 

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 5:48 PM
  • Hello - I have party setting set to "Split interchange as transaction sets - suspend transaction set on error" . so even if N3 segment is incomplete, it should only fail the respective claim and should not suspend the whole interchange. I have also noticed that the disassembler fails the whole interchange beside the above setting when any of the segment has all elements missing. I experimented with putting just the element separator infornt of N3 (changed N3 to N3*) segment and it ran fine. This seems like a bug in disassembler
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 9:29 PM
  • How many transactions in your file. See that party setting says Transactions sets not claim. If you have one transaction with multiple claims, then even if one claim is not compilant then it will suspend whole transaction.

Thanks!

Dev

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 9:42 PM
  • I have opened up a ticket with microsoft and they acknowledged it as bug. I have got the private already. They should soon be releasing the offical fix.
    • Marked as answer by Khawaja.irfan Friday, September 3, 2010 3:37 AM
    Friday, September 3, 2010 3:37 AM