none
outlook online meeting event should be fired programatically RRS feed

• Question

• HI,  as per my project requirement, I need to simulate/click on the online meeting button automatically when i open a lync meeting mail Item.  i am currently using 2010 office and VS2010(.NET 4.0). Can anyone suggest me how can i trigger that event from c# code. A sample on this would be handy.. :)
    • Edited by ammu sree Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:00 AM
    Friday, April 6, 2012 10:11 AM

Answers

• that button is added through lync outlook add-in so ExecuteMso will not work. But you can try using Lync SDK to create new meeting and retrieve its details. In worst case you could try going the route that Lync client goes - when you click Schedule meeting in Lync, outlook appointment with online meeting settings is opened, so most definietly there is a COM component that you can invoke. But i'm no Lync expert, maybe someone else can point you towards specific class/function.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• HI,  as per my project requirement, I need to simulate/click on the online meeting button automatically when i open a lync meeting mail Item.  i am currently using 2010 office and VS2010(.NET 4.0). Can anyone suggest me how can i trigger that event  from c# code.. A sample on this would be handy.. :)

ammu

Friday, April 6, 2012 2:10 PM
  • Hi ammu,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I know, that OOM (Outlook Object Model) has no online meeting event. It's based on my experience that you might do some research in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb758774(v=office.12).aspx. Let's see whether you are able to find work round there.

Have a good day,

Tom 

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 9, 2012 2:25 AM
  • Hi  Tom,

Thanks for ur reply. can we acheive this using Exchange WebServices object model? 

ammu

• Edited by ammu sree Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:23 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2012 7:25 AM
  • Hi ammu,

As far as I know, it have few relationship with Exchange WebServices object model.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:59 AM
  • maybe you could simulate action on online meeting using CommandBars.ExecuteMso method? Show some screenshots with what you want to achieve
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Hi ammu,

It's based on my experience that maybe DamianD's suggestion is a good work round. Would you please try it.

@DamianD,

Thanks for your great work.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:00 AM
  • Hi Tom and DamainD,

Thanks for your suggestion, i dont have idea how to get idMSO for Online Meeting button for the current opened meeting item.

For example: I am using

item.GetInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso(idMSO)

Also I have tried samples for

item.GetInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso("Copy") i.e copy command and item.GetInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso("SendDefault") i.e for triggering send button programatically. they are throwing error "HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component." Please suggest me how to get idMSO for online meeting button and how to get rid of this error while executing these commands.

item.GetInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso("SendDefault");
     item.GetInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso("GroupSend");             
     item.GetInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso("Copy");
     item.GetInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso("Paste");
    Please check below image for referrence.

ammu

• Edited by ammu sree Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:02 AM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:33 AM
  • that button is added through lync outlook add-in so ExecuteMso will not work. But you can try using Lync SDK to create new meeting and retrieve its details. In worst case you could try going the route that Lync client goes - when you click Schedule meeting in Lync, outlook appointment with online meeting settings is opened, so most definietly there is a COM component that you can invoke. But i'm no Lync expert, maybe someone else can point you towards specific class/function.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:49 AM