none
Is it possible to using Open XML to read Power Point file and generates to xaml? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I interested in Open XML, Can I read a pptx file (read text, shape, formattypes, animations, effects, transitions)? Is Open XML can describe all things here?

Thank you for your considering.

Su, Le

Monday, March 22, 2010 4:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Asusu,

Thanks for your question.

Yes, Open XML can describe text, shape, format types and so on of a pptx file in the format of PresentationML and DrawingML. And you could read a pptx file by Open XML SDK as well.

Here is a link about the introduction to PresentationML which you could download the slides and refer to: http://openxmldeveloper.org/files/15/hols/entry1943.aspx.

Another way to learn how these parts are described in a pptx file is by using the Productivity Tool. You could insert parts like animations, shapes in PowerPoint then open the file and reflect code in the Tool.

Hope this helps. If you have any question, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lu

• Marked as answer by Asusu Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:33 AM
    • Edited by Lu Zhang Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:43 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Asusu,

Thanks for your question.

Yes, Open XML can describe text, shape, format types and so on of a pptx file in the format of PresentationML and DrawingML. And you could read a pptx file by Open XML SDK as well.

Here is a link about the introduction to PresentationML which you could download the slides and refer to: http://openxmldeveloper.org/files/15/hols/entry1943.aspx.

Another way to learn how these parts are described in a pptx file is by using the Productivity Tool. You could insert parts like animations, shapes in PowerPoint then open the file and reflect code in the Tool.

Hope this helps. If you have any question, please let me know.

Thanks,

Lu

• Marked as answer by Asusu Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:33 AM
    • Edited by Lu Zhang Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:43 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 7:04 AM
  • Hello,

I'm very interested in what you send to me, so I will dive in this, so thank you so much.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:34 AM
  • Hi Asusu,

Thanks for your feedback. Hope these resources would help you. If you have any question/problem or feedback in learning to use Open XML SDK, feel free to post thread on the forum.

Thanks,

Lu

Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:56 AM