none
How do I display\hide columns in C# MS Project Add-In? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried this solution in my MS Project Add-In. But I always ended up with following exception after I open MS Project:

Display or report can not be displayed because it was removed Entry table, on which are displayed or report., ForwardCallToInvokeMember.

Do you know anyone another solution or you can help me with this exception? Thanks a lot.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi DaeMoniccz,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since the issue is more relate to Project programming, I'd like to move it to Project Customization and Programming.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 16, 2014 5:50 AM
  • Safest thing to do is to create your own table in code each time the add-in runs, that way you know exactly what is being displayed even if the user changed it since last time.

Record a macro in Project of creating the table you want then convert the code to C#. This is where VB is faster as it is much quicker to convert VBA to VB than C#.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Friday, May 16, 2014 9:45 AM