Unknown publisher RRS feed

• Question

• When I run my installation program as created from the Publish menu item, there is no publisher information given during setup. How do I include this information while packaging for deployment.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 7:46 PM

Answers

• The safest way to get rid of these warnings is to sign your application with a trusted certificate. You can either do it with a WM5 developer certificate (use only for development and testing) or go with a commercial vendor such as Verisign.
    • Marked as answer by Bin-ze Zhao Monday, November 15, 2010 9:04 AM
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:08 PM

All replies

• The safest way to get rid of these warnings is to sign your application with a trusted certificate. You can either do it with a WM5 developer certificate (use only for development and testing) or go with a commercial vendor such as Verisign.
    • Marked as answer by Bin-ze Zhao Monday, November 15, 2010 9:04 AM
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:08 PM
  • tech...is right, the wording is off. "Get rid of" is not the right connotation. By doing what he said, one is properly identifying the publisher from a trusted source by signing the software with a known publishers certificate which can be verified by a known third party.

Once that is done the install/OS will not warn the user of software from an unknown source. See:

Introduction to Code Signing

William Wegerson (www.OmegaCoder.Com )
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 9:06 PM