What database authentication to use for Database form saved as Filler Form Template RRS feed

• Question

• So this is a non browser form, which submits directly to database.

Can these be pointed to Sharepoint server, where user can just click on the Form link then, opens form , submits and closes ?

Also for a non browser form, I'm confused which Database authentication use. If it is a non browser form, I can't see how windows authentication could work as every used would need access to that database ? Is it best to use SQL authentication in that case ? Or if you publish to sharepoint server is it only sharepoint server windows user which needs windows authentication access to the database I am pointing my form to ?

Friday, December 30, 2011 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Velnias,

The Database data connection can authenticate requests to the database in different ways, depending on the security level of the form template that is being used to render the form. Administrator-approved form templates can be designed to have full trust, which means that any business logic or code that runs in the form is authenticated as the InfoPath Forms Services service account unless another authentication method is specified in the form template. Forms that are not running in full trust can only access a database that exists in the same domain as the server running InfoPath Forms Services, and database queries are authenticated either as the user or the account specified in the configuration database. In this case, if authentication fails, a prompt appears in which the user can specify a user name and password to connect to the database.   

And you can also refer to the following articles:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath-help/design-a-form-template-based-on-a-microsoft-sql-server-database-HP010086639.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath-help/submit-form-data-to-a-microsoft-sql-server-database-HP010107060.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:48 AM
    Monday, January 2, 2012 12:56 PM