none
Trying to pay for more usage RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to buy some more Bing Map usage for my web site.  Somebody at Bing Maps said to do something with the "Azure Marketplace".  I have no idea how to do that. 

I've tried to do an Azure Chat, but no support engineer ever shows up.

I've tried to talk to an Azure salesperson, but all he could do was tell me how to create an Azure account (ie: enter email and password).  He had no idea how to use Azure.

Are there any salespeople with Microsoft that can help?  This seems to be a real mess.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank,

Did you create your Bing Maps account in the Azure Marketplace?  If so, then someone from that Marketplace will need to assist you to move to another tier.  The most direct way is to delete the resource and recreate it at the new tier.  You will have to update the key to the new one you create.

You have two other options:

1. If you are creating an Azure based solution, you might want to consider migrating to Azure Maps as they are fully integrated with your other Azure offerings
    2. If you are dependent on Bing maps specifically, you could create an account in the Bing Maps portal (https://www.bingmapsportal.com/) and create keys there rather than in Azure Marketplace.  This option is supported by MapLic@Microsoft.com but they do not have the ability to assist in Azure Marketplace. 

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:23 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks for your help. 

The people at Bing Maps only have one (very expensive) enterprise pricing tier, which is overkill for our tiny web site.  They suggested that we use "Azure Maps" so that we can pay per transaction.

How do I get help with "Azure Maps"?

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 5:40 PM