Cannot create SQL database with free trial subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I get the error message 'The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type.' when trying to create a sql database with my free trial subscription.

Regards

Julian

Monday, December 8, 2014 4:05 PM

Answers

• Hello Julian,

Could you please try to create SQL database in some other server having different datacenter location.

If still the issue persist then I think the issue is with the limitation of free trial subscription. I would request you to open a support case  with Microsoft azure subscription and billing team and they will guide you further.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Mukesh,

SQL Azure DB and Business Intelligence.

• Proposed as answer by Mukesh(MSFT) Monday, December 8, 2014 8:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mekh Subba Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:18 AM
    Monday, December 8, 2014 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Julian,

It should be allowed, please provide steps that you used and ran into this issue. alternatively try these details step by step instructions to get started.

Hope this helps

--------------------------------------

Please mark as answered if it helped

Vishal Narayan Saxena http://twitter.com/vishalishere http://www.ogleogle.com/vishal/

Monday, December 8, 2014 6:31 PM
  • Hello Julian,

Could you please try to create SQL database in some other server having different datacenter location.

If still the issue persist then I think the issue is with the limitation of free trial subscription. I would request you to open a support case  with Microsoft azure subscription and billing team and they will guide you further.

Hope this help.

Thanks,

Mukesh,

SQL Azure DB and Business Intelligence.

• Proposed as answer by Mukesh(MSFT) Monday, December 8, 2014 8:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mekh Subba Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:18 AM
    Monday, December 8, 2014 8:08 PM
  • Helo Mukesh,

I have the same problem "The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type."  I understand that this kind of error got by my original suscription was trial.  After when my database was used in production I change my type of suscription to pay.  But something in your configuration don't permit to promove my sqldatabase from S2 to S3 or P1.

When I make the request for billing support  team, they say me, that these issue is for technical team.  But i can't request those because I'm not paying for these kind of support.  Really is it necessary, pay for tech support for these issue???

Regards

Julián Castiblanco P.

Bogotá, Colombia.

Julian Castiblanco P. Bogotá, Colombia

Monday, September 7, 2015 4:40 PM