How can i get current position logitude and latitude from HTC mobile in windows mobile application ?? RRS feed

• Question

• How can i get current position of htc mobile, from longitude and latitude from htc mobile.

I will develop a windows mobile application in which i want to get htc mobile current position through longitude and latitude,
    i will use htc touch 2 mobile which is gps enabled.

How can i get longitude and latitude in .net application or in database,

Please give me answer, thanks in advance.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 5:40 AM

Answers

• I suggested to use another GPS application to determine whether or not other applications are able to get a fix any quicker.  If another application does get a fix then while it is still running start your application to see if it then is able to get a fix (Without closing the first application).
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by Apekshit Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:05 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Apekshit,
    Please refer the blog below :

http://blogs.msdn.com/raffael/archive/2008/03/25/gps-programming-tips-for-windows-mobile-part-1.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms881362.aspx

Hope this will help you.:)
    Thanks, Mohsin Shaikh. If you find my post is helpful for you then mark it as answer.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 5:43 AM
  • Hi Mohsin,
    Thanks for written,

I will already use this sample code C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CS\GPS but it can not give me coordinates of the mobile device.

Is can any other solution for getting the coordinates of the mobile device.

If you have some code for getting the longitude and latitude of the device please give me the link,

Again thanks in Advance.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 6:23 AM
  • Hi Apekshit ,

Please check sample below:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mobile/FindMe.aspx

or  refer thread below :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/netfxcompact/thread/0d6b6bcc-c292-4a01-954c-746b4d39b710

Hope this will help you. :)
    Thanks, Mohsin Shaikh. If you find my post is helpful for you then mark it as answer.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 6:36 AM
  • Hi Mohsin,
    Thanks for written for me,

When i run this sample code C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CS\GPS on htc touch 2 mobile,
    i will get a screen which prints "Qual Comm GPS One Card, Version 0.0 On,On"
    But cannot get the longitude and latitude, how can i get it from this application.

Again Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 6:50 AM
  • Are you inside a building or somewhere similar with no GPS coverage?

Thursday, November 5, 2009 6:56 AM
  • Hi Christian,
    Thanks for written for me,

Yes currently i am in my office, but i will take my phone on the office roof and stay there for half an hour but the message cannot change,
    is there any variable or object which receive the longitude and latitude please tell me,

Again thanks in advance.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:02 AM
  • Try running another GPS application such as Bing Mobile and see if it is able to get a GPS fix. If other applications have problems getting a GPS signal then you know it's nothing you are doing in Software but a signal or hardware issue.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:31 AM
  • Try running another GPS application such as Bing Mobile and see if it is able to get a GPS fix. If other applications have problems getting a GPS signal then you know it's nothing you are doing in Software but a signal or hardware issue.
    Joel Ivory Johnson

actually I am getting the location in my HTC but I want to use latitude and longitude variables in  my code for finding the location through programming. So it is clear that no issue of H\w or s\w , but something wrong in programming, please help as I had already wasted 3 days in it and still no success. I am using the code sample at C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\PocketPC\CS\GPS

Thursday, November 5, 2009 11:10 AM
  • I suggested to use another GPS application to determine whether or not other applications are able to get a fix any quicker.  If another application does get a fix then while it is still running start your application to see if it then is able to get a fix (Without closing the first application).
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    • Marked as answer by Apekshit Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:05 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:58 PM