Windows Mobile 6.1 Color Settings do not apply to all UI aspects RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I posted a similar question regarding colors in Pocket Outlook, but I think there is something else that may be causing the root issue.

To explain:
    I have a vision impairment and I find it impossible to read black text on a light background.  I've worked on creating a color scheme XML file and I've used every color setting I can find mention of but the settings have no effect on:

1.  Pocket Outlook dialogue that lists mailboxes and received messages.
    2.  Contacts Window
    3.  Calendar
    4.  Right click menus in any application (file explorer, contacts, start menu - anything.  This last one is the reason is why I believe there's an OS COLOR flag that I am either missing or it has a control somewhere that is unresponsive to theme settings.

THe UI elements that are affected have a soft gray background.  Ironically the theme font and highlight colors do apply to these applications which make them a little easier to deal with.

If any helpful Microsoft (or non Microsoft) person out there can please help me get rid of my gray background in menus, I'd be eternally grateful.

If I can get something that works I will be releasing it so other individuals who have similar eye conditions can have something they can easily use to override the default colors.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 8:30 PM