Azure Batch Management Sample App Won't Allow Me To Authenticate RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having the same problem that Ed described.  I'm running the sample application: Azure Batch Management Library Sample - Account Management.  It prompts me to enter my credentials.  I try using my personal Microsoft ID (the IOD that I used to sign up for Azure Batch) and it says it doesn't recognize the ID.. If I use my company's credentials it lets me login but it throws an exception that this ID isn't associated with Azure Batch (which it isn't).

I tried Ed's work around, logging into the new portal and I can log into it using my personal Microsoft ID, however, I have the same issue when running the sample program.

Does anyone have additional ideas??

Thanks,

Bob

Monday, January 12, 2015 2:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Bob,

Some options that might work:

1. Create a user inside your Azure Active Directory tenant inside the Azure portal and give them permissions to manage your subscription
    2. Log into the Azure portal in IE using your Microsoft Account prior to opening the sample (sometimes this works)
    3. If you are the only one using this sample, then inside the GetAuthorizationHeader method add:
              userId: new UserIdentifier("your email", UserIdentifierType.OptionalDisplayableId) 
      to the end of the AcquireToken method
    4. If multiple people are going to be using the sample (all with Microsoft Accounts) you can try adding:
            extraQueryParameters: "domain_hint=live.com"
      instead.

Good luck,

Mark

Monday, January 12, 2015 3:49 AM