How do I include the compact flash folders in the DocumentList control? RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new to C#. I want to find the control that is used in the initial "Show" drop-down menu for the Pocket PC File Explorer application. This control is in the top left of the screen and gives the user the ability to chose the starting folder from either the My Device hierarchy or from any inserted compact flash cards. Once the user selects the starting folder, the contents are displayed via what looks like a DocumentList control. My problem is I can't seem to get the DocumentList control to include the compact flash folders. I am using VS2005 and .NET compact framework V2. Any help is appreciated.

• Moved by nobugz Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:28 PM mobile q (Moved from .NET Base Class Library to Visual Studio Smart Device Development – Visual Basic and C# Projects)
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:25 AM

Answers

• Hi patty_watson,

DocumentList has the limitation by default, we can implement a control what we want ourselves. You can find a sample:
    http://www.pocketpcdn.com/libraries/inthehand_documentlist.html

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:37 AM
  • Depending on the version of Windows Mobile you may need to ensure that either:-
    The card has a My Documents folder in which case it will display the contents and one folder beneath
    The card has an "ignoremydocs" file in the root of the card in which case it will display the first 2 levels deep of folders

The DocumentList doesn't handle deep folder structures well.

Peter

Device Application Development MVP. APPA Mundi Ltd - software solutions for a mobile world. In The Hand Ltd - .NET Components for Mobility
    Friday, March 13, 2009 9:53 AM

All replies

• You should take a look at OpenFileDialog / SaveFileDialog.
    每天都有進步的人值得敬重
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:45 AM
  • Hi patty_watson,

DocumentList has the limitation by default, we can implement a control what we want ourselves. You can find a sample:
    http://www.pocketpcdn.com/libraries/inthehand_documentlist.html

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, March 13, 2009 3:37 AM
  • Depending on the version of Windows Mobile you may need to ensure that either:-
    The card has a My Documents folder in which case it will display the contents and one folder beneath
    The card has an "ignoremydocs" file in the root of the card in which case it will display the first 2 levels deep of folders

The DocumentList doesn't handle deep folder structures well.

Peter

Device Application Development MVP. APPA Mundi Ltd - software solutions for a mobile world. In The Hand Ltd - .NET Components for Mobility
    Friday, March 13, 2009 9:53 AM