System Account RRS feed

• Question

• I created content Type and attached template word.docx to use it when I create New Document in a Document library. When i create New Document from mentioned template, the item which is added to document library, is Created By System Account, although i loged in with user other than System Account. Why and how can I solve this issue because i think thatis what prevents initiating SharPoint Designer WF when creating new item!?. put in mind that i work on the server where SharePoint 2010 Server has been installed. I appreciate having your response soonest
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Abdulrahman,

When you create New Document from word.docx, It should open Office Word and prompt for user name and password, in your case the SharePoint site System Account should be your current Windows login user and System Account credential is saved, then the new document item is created as System Account.

You can enable "Prompt for user name and password" via IE Internet Options-> Security tab-> Trusted Sites zone->Custom level button->Uer Authentication Logon, then you can create a new document item with inputing another user name and password.

Thanks 

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Hi,

To add to this you can use sign in as a different user nad then you can use your credentials to log in again and can carry out the needful.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:37 AM
  • Hi,

The System Account is the account impersonation done by SharePoint for the account which is used to set the App Pool Identity or the account is set the Services account through CA. Check for the account which you are using to log-in has been set as a app pool identity or being set as services account for the app pool through CA.

Remove the account setting from the app pool or the CA and check for the issue.

Please let me know if it helps you!!!

Ajeet
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Abdulrahman,

When you create New Document from word.docx, It should open Office Word and prompt for user name and password, in your case the SharePoint site System Account should be your current Windows login user and System Account credential is saved, then the new document item is created as System Account.

You can enable "Prompt for user name and password" via IE Internet Options-> Security tab-> Trusted Sites zone->Custom level button->Uer Authentication Logon, then you can create a new document item with inputing another user name and password.

Thanks 

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Hi,

To add to this you can use sign in as a different user nad then you can use your credentials to log in again and can carry out the needful.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:37 AM
  • Hi,

The System Account is the account impersonation done by SharePoint for the account which is used to set the App Pool Identity or the account is set the Services account through CA. Check for the account which you are using to log-in has been set as a app pool identity or being set as services account for the app pool through CA.

Remove the account setting from the app pool or the CA and check for the issue.

Please let me know if it helps you!!!

Ajeet
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:38 AM
  • Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your interest and help.

The issue has been solved.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:54 AM
  • Dear Rahul,

Thanks. yes, this is another solution and the issue has been solved

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:57 AM