none
Report WIth Subreport Exporting to Word in Landscape But Should Be Portrait RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report that contains a subreport, and both are in Portrait orientation. When I export the report to Word the report is exported in Landscape orientation. I've duplicated the issue in Visual Studio by creating a report and subreport as follows:

Subreport report properties - Orientation = Portrait, Paper size = Letter, Width = 8.5in, Height = 11in, Margins = 0in
    Subreport Body Width = 7in
    (The subreport does not need to contain any content for this purpose.)

Main report properties - Orientation = Portrait, Paper size = Letter, Width = 8.5in, Height = 11in, Margins: Left - 0.375in, Top - 0.25in, Right - 0.25in, Bottom - 0.25in

Set the main report Body width to 7.87in. Add the subreport to the main report with Left location = 0in, preview and export to Word. The document appears in Word with both Page and Margin orientation set to Landscape.

Visual Studio reports the SSRS components as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers v10.50.2500.0, and I'm targeting SQL Server 2008 when I deploy.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug, or just the way it works?

Thanks,
    Mike

Monday, May 21, 2012 3:59 PM

Answers

• I resolved this issue for the case where I am rendering the report via the ReportExecution service by setting the DeviceInfo as follows:

<DeviceInfo><FixedPageWidth>True</FixedPageWidth></DeviceInfo>

I understand this can be changed in a configuration file on the report server, but this suits my needs for now.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:55 PM