Send a click event to onscreen keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• how to make at: mouse click event in textbox,  call windows on screen keybord
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to click keys on the OSK and your using a newer version of Windows then you can check out This Link where Mr. Monkeyboy figured out a way to do it. Because of the way they design the OSK in newer versions of Windows you can not just send a key to it like you would with other apps. You need to find the location of each key and simulate a mouse click at the buttons location.

If this is not what your trying to do then please explain with more detail of what your trying to do.   :)

Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to click keys on the OSK and your using a newer version of Windows then you can check out This Link where Mr. Monkeyboy figured out a way to do it. Because of the way they design the OSK in newer versions of Windows you can not just send a key to it like you would with other apps. You need to find the location of each key and simulate a mouse click at the buttons location.

If this is not what your trying to do then please explain with more detail of what your trying to do.   :)

Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:37 PM
  • how to make at: mouse click event in textbox,  call windows on screen keybord

What would a mouse click event in a textbox have to do with calling windows on screen keyboard (OSK)?

If you click with a mouse in a textbox you want to launch the OSK if an OSK is not already running or what?

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:54 PM