none
Insert text via Drop Down Box using a bookmark RRS feed

• Question

• I have a series of business letters that are stored on a sqlite database with a variety of options which require the insertion of a text phrase in another part of the document. ie: I am looking for a 2 bedroom bungalow/ I am looking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom bungalow/ I am looking for a 4 bedroom detached house with 3 bathrooms.

I want the dropdown box options to read:

• 2 bedroom bungalow           Text to be inserted:     I am looking for a 2 bedroom bungalow
    • 3 bedroom bungalow           Text to be inserted:     I am looking for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom bungalow
    • 4 bedroom house                Text to be inserted:     I am looking for a 4 bedroom, detached house with 3 bathrooms

Ideally I want to store the insertion text on a database in the same directory as the letter masters which will be stored in a table dedicated to options.

Rather than having the insertion text stored in the dropdown box I would prefer to just give a reference to database name/ table name / Row 2, column 1.

Is this feasible in Word or am I dreaming?  If it can be done, how can I get a sample file to enable me to adapt it to my own needs. 

Most users will be using office 2016 but some are still on office 2007.

Hoping for what I find impossible,

GH

• Edited by Haygordon Saturday, September 8, 2018 7:03 PM
    Saturday, September 8, 2018 7:02 PM

All replies