none
Comparison matrix of Server object model & Client side object model. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to see what all new capabilities have been added in client side object model over client object model. I am sure there should be few fuctionalies that are only available in server model. Do anyone have comparison matrix of  Server model model & Client side object model.

Amit - Our life is short, so help others to grow.....

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click ♥Vote As Helpful♥ And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click ♥Mark As Answer♥

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:14 PM

All replies

• Anybody on this?

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click ♥Vote As Helpful♥ And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click ♥Mark As Answer♥

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:26 AM
  • Hi Amit KM,

SharePoint 2010 introduced the client-site object model (CSOM), as a way to program against a windows communication foundation (WCF) endpoints in SharePoint by using a style that mimicked server-side API development. With the introduction of CSOM, developers had a way to access a significant portion of core SharePoint functionality from C# (called the "managed" client object model), JavaScript, and Silverlight.

If you are asking news in SharePoint 2013 CSOM, we has increased the possibilities of building applications with the CSOM adding new assemblies that allow developers not only to interact with SharePoint sites but also use some of the key SharePoint 2013 services like Search, Managed Metadata or new service.

More information:
    What’s new in the SharePoint 2013 client site object model:
    http://blog.cloudshare.com/2012/09/13/whats-new-in-the-sharepoint-2013-client-side-object-model/

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Are you sure your not looking for server object model & client-side object model comparison matrix?

Client-side object model or client object model is the same thing as far as I'm aware. This includes C#, JavaScript and Silverlight APIs.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:38 AM
  • you are right, i am looking for server object model & client-side object model comparison matrix. sorry for create confusion.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:42 AM
  • I got something on this today. The following table highlights the strengths and capabilities of the server object model (SSOM) and client object model (CSOM).

SSOM vs. CSOM

Scenarios

SSOM

CSOM

Administration

Yes

No

Content management

Yes

Yes

Site management

Yes

Yes

Site branding

Yes

No

Synchronous execution

Yes

Yes

Asynchronous execution

No

Yes

Batched requests

No

Yes

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:14 PM
  • do anyone want to contribute on this.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:04 PM