How can I get the SourceSafe monkey off my back? RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried everything I can think of to permanently break the tie between a local copy of a project and SourceSafe, but it seems that once a project has been added to SourceSafe, it doesn't want to let go.

Basically, what I am trying to achieve is ... my boss has a project he made which is in SourceSafe.  I want to grab a copy of his project and twist it, mangle it, and drop it on a few terrorist training camps.... but I cannot seem to get a copy of it on my computer and then break all ties to SourceSafe.   I want to leave the project there of course, because it's not mine, but I also want the freedom to blow the *** out of the project and not worry about my changes sneaking into sourcesafe.

I have noticed that in VS 2005 and SourceSafe, it seems the intent was to make the two more seamless, which I absolutely hate.  All this automatic behavior going on that I didn't want or authorize... but that's another topic.

Please tell me how to get a copy of a project from SourceSafe and then get the g.d. SourceSafe monkey out of my copy of the project for good.

Thanks

A Severly Tourtured SourceSafe Monkey Victim.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 12:15 AM

Answers

1. File -> Source Control -> Change Source Control
    2. Remove all bindings
    3. Click OK
    4. Save
    Tuesday, October 24, 2006 2:07 AM