Problem with Map control zoom functionality RRS feed

• Question

• I've got this weird problem thats been really frustrating me. I've got a map control on a view. The map view page is called using a button from the main page. Ive bound the Maps Zoom property to a zoom property in my view model. When i open the page for the first time, double click on the page, the map zooms in to the next level, e.g. from zoom level 13 to 13.122234 to 14 (calls the set property twice), no problems there (even though i dont really understand why it has to do it in 2 steps). However, if I press the back button, bringing me back to the main page, then click back into the map page, when i double click the map the zoom is all messed up. It zooms in, then seems to zoom back out slighty, then zooms back in a bit, making the zoom look really jerky, plus it doesnt zoom in fully, e.g. goes from 13 to 14 to 13.8.

I dont know whats going on. There seems to be no difference in what code is called between the first and second navigations to the map page, yet the behaviour is different. Obviously there must be some difference in what code is being called but i cant see it. It also seems to call the Zoom Set property 5 or 6 times each time i try to zoom in!!? does anyone have any detailed info on how the map zoom property functions and any idea on why its malfunctioning after i press the back button? Cheers.

Monday, February 20, 2012 11:05 AM