Visual Studio Load Test - unit test trace RRS feed

• Question

• I have put together a load test that works off a unit test. The unit test has trace output. In the load test results view I do not see any of the trace output. Were can I find the trace output from the unit test].

Peter

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:30 PM

Answers

• Ok - after a lot of checking I could not find any documentation related to outputting textual information that would be logged into a load test result [set]. I don't know if this is possible and would like to know if anyone does know how to achieve this. 

I did find based on a previous comment that assertions are logged to the load test results. As such I was able to pseudo get what I wanted by running an Assert.Fail with the text I wanted to output - and the end of the unit test (so the assertion does not brea code in the unit test).

Peter

• Marked as answer by Peter Simard Thursday, June 5, 2014 11:12 AM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 11:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We can get stack trace information in unit test results. In Load test, you can check it through clicking Failed column in Tests table, there are Stack and Test Details.

Reference:

Hope it can meet your requirement.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, May 6, 2014 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, May 8, 2014 3:30 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Peter Simard Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:11 PM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Hi Peter,

I noticed you unmarked my reply. It seems that my reply did not help you.

So please tell me if I misunderstood you.

If you have found a solution, you can post here, which will be benefical for other members who have the simialr requirement.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 5:14 AM
  • For one thing - you don't mark a question answered. I know you people like to mark your responses as answers to get your count up - but it does not prove you are answering the question. It's the responsibility of the submitter to set a response as a correct answer. Your answer was not correct.

When I view the Test results no trace information shows up. If you read my question I specified that I wanted to see trace output. I.E. Trace.WriteLine ---- which does not show up in the failed list. Which makes sense as the trace is not a error event - just a trace operation. 

Peter

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:39 PM
  • Ok - after a lot of checking I could not find any documentation related to outputting textual information that would be logged into a load test result [set]. I don't know if this is possible and would like to know if anyone does know how to achieve this. 

I did find based on a previous comment that assertions are logged to the load test results. As such I was able to pseudo get what I wanted by running an Assert.Fail with the text I wanted to output - and the end of the unit test (so the assertion does not brea code in the unit test).

Peter

• Marked as answer by Peter Simard Thursday, June 5, 2014 11:12 AM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 11:12 AM