none
EF6. Make sure “System.Data.Entity.Properties.Resources.PowerShell.resources” was correctly embedded or linked into assembly “EntityFramework” RRS feed

• Question

• I have ASP.NET MVC project and use EF6 in it. Till this point everything was working fine.

Recently however I did some refactor and move classes a bit. Entity in the project works fine unless I try to do Add-Migration or Update-Database.

Then I Get this error:

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. 
    Make sure "System.Data.Entity.Properties.Resources.PowerShell.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly 
    "EntityFramework" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

I investigated the issue but I don't have any Resource.resx files to change.

If I need one please help me create one

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:43 AM

Answers

• The solution has been found!!

It was so simple. I needed to update my Entity Framework form 6.2 to 6.4 an everything started working.

• Marked as answer by strachob Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:37 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi strachob,
    I viewed your description, and you can try the Immirza' answer.
    Here is a related thread you can refer.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 9:32 AM
  • The solution has been found!!

It was so simple. I needed to update my Entity Framework form 6.2 to 6.4 an everything started working.

• Marked as answer by strachob Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:37 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:37 AM