unable to find the requested .NET Framework data provider. It may not be installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am trying to pass parameters from test case in mtm to automated leanft test script

But Im getting the error unable to find the requested .NET Framework data provider. It may not be installed

The following is the information given 

[DataSource("Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.DataSource.TestCase","TFS Url/Tfs Collection;TfsProject","Test Case ID",DataAccessMethod.Sequential)]

Inserted a parameter @xyz and provided a value for xyz in the test case

Please let me know what I should do to get rid of this error

Monday, October 2, 2017 7:15 PM

Answers

• Fixed the issue by adding .testsettings file to the solution.

Thank You

• Marked as answer by Kruthi_24 Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:20 PM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Kruthi_24,

Do you have tried run this Unit Test without MTM?

If it could run successful without MTM, the problem should be related to your MTM configuration. Please share the detailed steps about how do you pass parameters from test case in MTM, which could help us reproduce this problem.

If it also failed without MTM, the problem should be related to the project itself or machine environment. According to the error message, it should be more related to machine environment. Please check the machine.config file from \Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\vXXXX\machine.config.

Please refer to:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13899200/unable-to-find-the-requested-net-framework-data-provider-it-may-not-be-install

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:01 AM
  • Hi Weiwei

Thanks for reply. The following are the steps I followed 

1.Inserted a parameter @xyz and provided a value for xyz in the manual test case

2.In the test script below [TestMethod] gave the following info

[DataSource("Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.DataSource.TestCase","TFS Url/Tfs Collection;TfsProject","Test Case ID",DataAccessMethod.Sequential)]

3.Run the test in LeanFT and I get the error  unable to find the requested .NET Framework data provider. It may not be installed

• Edited by Kruthi_24 Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:59 PM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 1:59 PM
  • Fixed the issue by adding .testsettings file to the solution.

Thank You

• Marked as answer by Kruthi_24 Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:20 PM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:20 PM