none
Windows Store app download count

Question

• Hi,
    I have published my app "Olde English Bulldogges" to the store app. However, my download count is fixed at 91 (for the last 3-4 days), inspite of many downloads (in last 3-4 days) by my friends.

Any reasons for the same.

Monday, December 16, 2013 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hello all,

If you have not already seen it, please check out this post. Information and updates regarding this issue can be found there. If you would like to have a support agent review the reporting of your individual account, I invite you to submit a support ticket for further assistance.

Thanks!

-Jonathan

Saturday, January 4, 2014 2:46 AM

All replies

• You shouldn't worry about that. The data in your dashboard is updated at very irregular intervals. Sometimes there is indeed more that half a week of delay.
    Monday, December 16, 2013 7:39 AM
  • for me it has been more than half a week
    Monday, December 16, 2013 8:17 AM
  • The latest mark on my download charts is from December 10th (Today is December 16th). I'm OK if the number of downloads is ZERO from then on (though I have seen dollar amount go up since then slightly), but I'm not getting any information one way or the other.  Any chance it will eventually update?  Or did Microsoft decide it's not cost effective to maintain an app store?

-Rob

Monday, December 16, 2013 11:32 PM
  • This has been a recurring problem with the dashboard. I've seen this problem occur more than a half a dozen times since I opened my account almost 4 months ago. I see no indication that Microsoft is doing anything to resolve the issue. The substandard quality in terms of the timeliness of the dashboard updates is unbelievable. It boggles the mind that they can be so inconsiderate and indifferent.

There is no quality standard it appears. It’s as if the Microsoft standard of quality is “If the data eventually appears at some point in time, that’s good enough. Two, three, four, five, six days, whatever, whenever.”

• Marked as answer by Rob Wilkens Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:35 AM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:55 AM
  • There has been a week since I don't receive any stats on the windows store apps dashboard. Is this only happening to me? It happened when I updatet the packages from 8.0 to 8.1... does anybody have a clue about this?

Fernando Urkijo Cereceda

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:14 AM
  • No, same here. Existing apps do not have any statistics from after December 10th and apps published the last week dont have any stats yet.

Kinda (as in very) annoying when I'm entering a Microsoft-contest that requires a certain number of downloads.

• Marked as answer by rita en pons Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:57 AM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Yeap, and it's not the first time happening to me... once per two weeks the stats are not appearing....

Fernando Urkijo Cereceda

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:58 AM
  • I have the same problem. The last day of display is Dec. 9. It is too long. May be they have Christmas early :-)

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:18 PM
  • I decided to try chatting with support.

The gentleman I spoke with there (Joel) informed me they are trying to get to the root cause.  There was apparently an update this morning on their end, but troubleshooting is still going on.  I'm sure most of us understand that software problems can be hard to troubleshoot at times, and even moreso when it is under pressure..

I was told to expect an e-mail update on this by Thursday.

-Rob

-Rob

• Edited by Rob Wilkens Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:50 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 8:49 PM
  • Just spoke to support as well.

I got the usual "reporting is not real time, there is a delay" and was told they were not aware of any issues. 

:|

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:38 PM
  • Quite understandable that problems can occur. On the other hand, these types of delays have occurred on so many occasions and with such frequency in the past, it's certainly questionable whether Microsoft is really serious about addressing the root cause. Assuming that they were serious about it all along, past performance certainly does not indicate that they have been making any progress.

When I asked Microsoft Support about this issue in the past, the excuse I got was "This is primarily due to the number of apps being updated and new apps being introduced to the store during this period."

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:59 AM
  • We have exactly the same problem - no stats from 10th of December, still doesn't seem to be related to 8.1 as our apps were not upgraded to this version yet.

They used to have delays of various length but this is the first, over a week long we experience - annoying as this is the only piece of stats that's available, especially now when they completely abandoned the store trends...

Would be nice to get some comment on that from MS...

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:57 PM
  • Hi,

Downloads actually gives a count of user acquisitions for a given app. In other words, this is a count of new users downloading your app. So any update would not mean a new user acquisition and hence is not counted as a new download.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:46 AM
  • See this thread on the same subject A week without App store stats!

And still no progress or information from MS.

Stefan

• Edited by rstg Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:49 AM Link was wrong
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:42 AM
  • See this thread on the same subject Dashboard hasn't updated in nearly a week.

Some information from MS would be really appreciated.

Stefan

Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:46 AM
  • It seems that there are some issues related to the dashboard at the moment. Several users reported that the dashboard was not updated since Dec 10th. Unfortunately, there is no statement from MS until now.

See Dashboard hasn't updated in nearly a week and A week without App store stats!

Stefan

Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:49 AM
  • 9 days and still nothing...

For me, I'm just a stat junkie.  I love watching the numbers and charts, sometimes it motivates me to work harder on my project if I see people are downloading it.  If I see downloads are high but paid downloads are low, I know I need to make the app better (or adjust the price) in some way because trials aren't converting, as an example.  Right now, without much indication, I'm kinda like - maybe there's interest, maybe there's not, how can I know.

I was told to expect an e-mail today with information, I'm not 100% sure I'll get that e-mail (and even if I do, if they ask not to share any information, I will use good judgment), but I am hoping to learn something.

-Rob

-Rob

• Edited by Rob Wilkens Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:52 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:52 PM
  • I'm in the same contest I think, Eirik (ends on the 1st Jan?) - and yeah, it's really frustrating to not know!

Out of interest, what's your app called? I know I'm worrying about downloads and I guess you are too, so I'd love to take a look at yours and help you out.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:39 PM
  • See this thread on the same subject A week without App store stats!

And still no progress or information from MS.

Stefan

Surely you were not expecting any update from MS so soon if ever were you :) 

The concept of timeliness or being considerate are unknown to them.

Their quality of service isn't exactly world class.

• Edited by TimW01 Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:28 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:07 PM
  • I'm in the same contest I think, Eirik (ends on the 1st Jan?) - and yeah, it's really frustrating to not know!

Out of interest, what's your app called? I know I'm worrying about downloads and I guess you are too, so I'd love to take a look at yours and help you out.

I think a contest is a great way for Microsoft to get people to write apps for their platform!! Micrsoft initially motivated me with the "keep the cash"  program back around april-june, but probably because I temporarily took my app offline I never received the keep the cash money I was promised - on the other hand, my app earned more than that amount of money back, so I was OK with it.

-Rob

Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

I have contacted the Microsoft support and they confirmed that they have a really dramatical issue with their statistics since 10th December. The support engineer mentioned only "statistics", but I am very sure that he also means "sales data"!!!! This means to me that I am loosing money and Microsoft earns some money.

Bye,

Sebastian

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:49 PM
  • I'm normally a pretty positive and forgiving guy, but every time I'm on these forums I feel like somebody else because all I have is frustration, confusion, and anger to add.

As all of you know, the stats are seemingly updated randomly, which shocked me at first. App metrics in the dashboard routinely don't work at all. I know my app has crashed before (collecting logs via MarkedUp) but there's no crash info in the Dashboard for me at all. Don't even get me started with PubCenter and the lack of advertisement opportunities (to display, or buy ads).

For a company so desperate for developers, for a company that's built out entire websites and marketing campaigns around attracting developers, it really does amaze me how crappy of an experience it has been to be a developer on the Windows Store platform.

I've been a developer of Microsoft based technologies for over a decade and this is really disappointing. I am less enthused about the platform having been a developer for it at this point.

And also, please update the stats?

Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:55 PM
  • Hi,

I have contacted the Microsoft support and they confirmed that they have a really dramatical issue with their statistics since 10th December. The support engineer mentioned only "statistics", but I am very sure that he also means "sales data"!!!! This means to me that I am loosing money and Microsoft earns some money.

Bye,

Sebastian

I don't think it is sales data (but could be wrong).  I've been watching my "Proceeds since last payment" amount, and it seems every other day it goes up a little (by 1-3 sales).  This is in during the 9-days stats have been out so far.

-Rob

Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:41 PM
  • I'm normally a pretty positive and forgiving guy, but every time I'm on these forums I feel like somebody else because all I have is frustration, confusion, and anger to add.

As all of you know, the stats are seemingly updated randomly, which shocked me at first. App metrics in the dashboard routinely don't work at all. I know my app has crashed before (collecting logs via MarkedUp) but there's no crash info in the Dashboard for me at all. Don't even get me started with PubCenter and the lack of advertisement opportunities (to display, or buy ads).

For a company so desperate for developers, for a company that's built out entire websites and marketing campaigns around attracting developers, it really does amaze me how crappy of an experience it has been to be a developer on the Windows Store platform.

I've been a developer of Microsoft based technologies for over a decade and this is really disappointing. I am less enthused about the platform having been a developer for it at this point.

And also, please update the stats?

Someone on the other thread mentioned above said Microsoft is acknowledging a "Dramatical" problem with statistics.    See "A week without app store stats" I think it was (though we're over a week now).

-Rob

Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Hi,

That might be, Alex!

Sorry for the slow reply, but my app is a game, BirdFly, you can find it at http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/nb-no/app/birdfly/013b1f4e-c93d-4b3a-9b8f-9103842b1f2d ! :)

Its struggling to hit the required download count, so any install would be a big help. What is yours called?

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:17 AM
  • Hello all,

If you have not already seen it, please check out this post. Information and updates regarding this issue can be found there. If you would like to have a support agent review the reporting of your individual account, I invite you to submit a support ticket for further assistance.

Thanks!

-Jonathan

Saturday, January 4, 2014 2:46 AM
  • Microsoft are not really interested in supporting Indie developers anymore. Once you realise this, then it becomes obvious why they do not see providing reliable and up to dates stats as a priority.

They really odd thing is why Microsoft are then so surprised why the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 platforms are considered as failures with Developers and consumers. The level of apathy within Microsoft support to the Indie Developer community is quite astounding.

Silverlight an XNA Fan

Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:10 PM
  • The download counts in the Windows App Center have stopped updating, again.  It is now Nov 11, 2014 and they have not updated since Oct 30, 2014.

Does anyone know if Microsoft is working on this issue?

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:05 AM
  • The download counts in the Windows App Center have stopped updating, again.  It is now Nov 11, 2014 and they have not updated since Oct 30, 2014.

Does anyone know if Microsoft is working on this issue?

Yes, see sticky in payouts and reporting forum....

-Rob

-Rob

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:22 AM